Shabby

Monday, April 19, 2010

So Long Insecurity, You've been a bad friend to us...

So I'm way behind on my reading.  The Beth Moore simulcast is THIS SATURDAY!  I'm only on chapter 4.  I wanted to copy a paragraph here of what jumped out at me today.  Keep in mind, Beth is addressing insecurity in women as a gender not necessarily as the typical stereotypical insecure person.  It is way more prevalent than that.  I can't think of anyone that I know (including myself) that doesn't have some level of insecurity.  It is time to be healed:

The self-conscious person may protect herself with plainness and try to blend into the paint, but she also may dress herself to perfection and stand squarely in the spotlight.  In either portrayal, or anything in between, she is ordinarily more aware of herself than she tends to be of any other person in the room.  Whether she feels inferior or superior, she takes a frequent inventory of her place in the space.  She may like it or hate it, but she's rarely oblivious to it.  Never think for a moment that pride and self-centeredness have no role in insecurity.  Since she keeps confusing her insecurity with humility, however, she never recongnizes the self-centeredness so she can turn from it.  (Moore, p. 22-23)

Ouch!  ...I think that's all I have to say...

Anyone want to go with me on Saturday?

2 comments: