Shabby

Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy 10th Anniversary!

His gift is writing to me...my gift is bragging about him.

Last night was amazing.  It was our tenth wedding anniversary and my husband is a true gentleman.  It all started with blocking his calendar a few weeks in advance with "plan anniversary date".  He planned ahead...that means a lot to me.  He found a babysitter that allowed me to relax and not have to rush to get home.  He planned dinner for them so I didn't have to think about it.  (All of those details tend to stress me out for some reason).  He told me that we were doing something different and gently asked me to wear that little black dress...the one that's a little too small in my opinion.  He wears his suit...because he knows it drives me wild and I don't usually get to see him in it.


 I'm running around trying to find my earrings and to get Hannah to put her clothes on when I see someone come to the front door.  There he is in his suit, with roses and a card.  LOVE IT.


We get it all together and get in the car to leave.  He plugs in his phone and begins to play his predetermined love song play list...first up is Adele's "make you feel my love".  He says, "if you want to open your card now, you can".  In it is a 5 page letter outlining and remembering our last 10 years together.  PRICELESS.  I immediately tried to think of how I would keep it from getting ruined or wet or ripped...you know cuz that's just the life stage that we're in right now.



We proceed to talk about a million things. He says that he prayed that it would be the perfect night...because we've had a lot going on and we haven't had a date in forever.  I say a quick prayer too that things go as planned and I would have a good attitude...because sometimes I can just be a brat.  We arrive at the restaurant and are wined and dined and made to feel very fancy and special.  He picked a new place...unique and different and I just loved it.  The next step is to get dessert, drinks, and music at a cute little hole in the wall with historical significance...I would expect no less from my guy :).  We tried some new things and had lots of laughs.

I feel so blessed to have a man who knows me...all of the details...and after 10 years he's still working hard to make things special and to impress me at every level.  He is a true gentleman.  He treats me like gold...all the time.  He remembers things that I have long forgotten.  He writes with passion and detail and he isn't afraid to grovel just a little :).  I love you Dan Samms...I love you like crazy.




Until the next time :-), C

No comments:

Post a Comment