Shabby

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Human Trafficking


Are you kidding me?!?!  Where in the world did this horrible atrocity come from????  The pit of hell...that's where.  No other being could be as crafty and evil as Satan.  It's a brilliant idea really...if you're looking to just take a woman made in the image of God and just smear her and degrade her to the depths of the pit of hell.  I can't even stand it.  It's an issue that the world cannot argue about.  There are no good sides of it.  There is no benefit.  I wish I could describe the details of how human trafficking is so horrible...but I'm afraid it would be too much to handle.  And...I don't think I even have the words.  So, instead...I want to share hope.

On Sunday, a dear friend and I took a little road trip to Columbus to attend "A Night of Hope".  The purpose of the event was to bring attention to the issue of human trafficking and highlight two local organizations and one international organization that were doing something about it.  So...I'm giving some free advertisement to these organizations.

The one that really tugged at my heart was As Our Own.  Pure and simple?  They adopt girls born in the brothels (hot commodities as they are) and raise them...as their own.  (Does that not bring tears to your eyes?)  When these girls get married, they walk them down the aisle, when they go to college, As Our Own foots the bill, and when they come home for Christmas, they come home to the As Our Own family.  Ralph Borde (CEO of As Our Own) spoke that night and mentioned that the only hope that these women speak of is that one day their daughters would grow up and be able to take their place in the brothels.  Does that not make you crazy?!?!  This organization is changing all of that :-)  These girls are given the opportunity to not only survive, but to excel.  My guess is that these little ladies will be some of the best that India has to offer...and they will know Christ!  The stories shared are life changing...and I want to be part of everything they are doing.  Here's a link to their site.  I challenge you to get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment